cups question

We are having an issue with some printers not printing even though the
spooler indicates that the job completed.
I wanted to make sure that I understood how this works.

We have a raw queue.  The spooler takes the file to be printed,
manipulate/copies it to the spool directory then
sends the job to the printer.

If we get a 0 exit code, it indicates that the job was sent?

Am I correct?

Marvin Blackburn
Systems Administrator
Glen Raven
"He's no failure.  He's not dead yet" --William Lloyd George