With the lead of Gavin McDonald I went with adding /dev/null 2>&1 to the end of the script.

Thank you everyone for your help.

Romeo
On Feb 6, 2006, at 1:10 AM, <ssevengor tai com tr> <ssevengor tai com tr> wrote:

Why not check the corresponding line in the crontab file and # command it ?? or I misunderstand.

Serdar

-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-list-bounces redhat com [mailto:redhat-list- bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of Allen, Jack
Sent: 04 ┼×ubat 2006 Cumartesi 04:35
To: 'me gavitron com'; 'General Red Hat Linux discussion list'
Subject: RE: how to stop cron.hourly mailings

	Yes that will keep cron from sending mail. But in general commands
run by cron should not produce any output to stdout or stderr unless there is a problem. So maybe the script needs to be changed so it does not produce any output unless there is an error. Then you will get mail and know you
need to check it.

Jack Allen