Unable to bind to port '/dev/ttyUSB1'

Tom Callahan callahant at tessco.com
Wed Feb 8 20:25:12 UTC 2006

There may be a module/driver you need to load in order for the device to
be recognized as a serial adapter/port.

I had the same issues with a Prolific USB->Serial adapter, and had to
get drivers for it.

You also may not be able to use the USB cord with your palm. you may
have to get the Serial version, or a USB->Serial converter.

Thanks,

Tom Callahan
TESSCO Technologies
Desk: (410)-229-1361
Cell: (410)-588-7605
Email: callahant at tessco.com

A real engineer only resorts to documentation when the keyboard dents on the forehead get too noticeable.