Re: curl -g and crontab

Yixin Luo wrote:

Hello.
We put the a following script file - yixin.sh in the crontab. After crontab
running, new folders have been build but no files downloaded in those
folders.  If we run the script manually, the files could be downloaded in
these folders.

yixin.sh
"mkdir /home/dj/share/yixin/`date +%Y%m%d`
cd /home/dj/share/yixin/`date +%Y%m%d`
export nb=`date +%Y%m%d`
export URL="
ftp://starfish.mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/pub/ocean/btoulany/GoMOOS/products";
curl -g $URL/run-$nb\00.tar.gz -o run-$nb\00.tar.gz
tar -zxvf run-$nb\00.tar.gz
rm *tar.gz -rf
"

Here is our crontab file.
01 09 * * * /home/wam/yixin.sh

Thanks in advance.

yixin
It looks as if you may have a permissions problem. The script is creating directories in the /home/dj directory, but you are running it from /home/wam. Is the user that created the crontab wam and does wam have permission to write to /home/dj?

Carl.