curl -g and crontab

Frank Ng frankng at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 22:32:03 UTC 2006

What does /var/log/cron say?  The error should have been listed there if
there is a permission error or you should have received an email in that
user's mailbox (whoever you are running the cron as).

But I think your problem is PATH.  When running scripts in cron, you should
always specify full paths to programs you reference in the scripts.  In this
case, full path to curl and tar.

or just set the PATH variable in your shell script.

Thanks!
-Frank Ng