Security Logging - Passwords & Accounts

Chris Bingham Chris at acel.co.uk
Mon Feb 13 13:43:24 UTC 2006

Hi,

Does anybody know of any way to log changes to user & group accounts and
passwords please?

Because of a new security policy, we need to find a way to log in a file
whenever any changes are made to any user or group account, particularly
need to monitor changes to passwords and group memberships.

As a minimum, we've got to record the date & time of the change, what
the change was, and which user account was used to make the change.

Ideally we also need to do this without using third-party software, but
any solution would be very welcome :)

I'd really appreciate any help anyone can give, I've been trawling the
net all morning looking for some pointers without much luck!

Thanks in advance for any help,

Chris