compress command

Andrew Bacchi bacchi at rpi.edu
Mon Feb 13 14:45:28 UTC 2006

Let's say you want to use the gzip command on the RedHat system.  Do:

"which gzip"

This will give you the path to the gzip binary.  Match this path against
the path in your script, and make sure they are the same.  If not,
change the script to match.  If the return from the which command is
something like:

no gzip found in /usr/sbin/ ......................

then the program is not installed.

--
veritatis simplex oratio est
		- Seneca