How do I find out what kind of raid is implemented.

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Wed Feb 15 12:33:58 UTC 2006

On Wed, Feb 15, 2006 at 05:40:17PM +0530, unix syzadmin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have a RHEL AS3 server.  How do I find out what kind of raid is
> implemented.

# cat /proc/mdstat

I will guess (and it's only a guess!) that sda has no protection and
that sdb/sdc/sdd/sde are a Raid-5 set.   The guess is based on what I
would have expected people to do with 4 drives but depending on your
application and availability requirements, it could be a large stripe
set or a pair of mirror sets.  With a df display, my guess would have
been more educated.

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA