Resolving missing dependencies in the modern fedora world

Vicki Stanfield vicki at stanfield.net
Wed Feb 15 16:01:38 UTC 2006

I have been largely out of the Red Hat realm for some years now,
but I have recently begun experimenting with Fedora Core 5. I
installed FC5 Test1 easily enough. Now I wish to upgrade from
Test1 to Test2. I downloaded and installed the fedora-release rpm
and then began a yum upgrade. I get the following missing
dependencies and am unsure what the current method is for
resolving them. Can I buy a clue? And why aren't these
dependencies self-resolving?

Error: Missing Dependency: libdbus-1.so.1()(64bit) is needed by
package dbus-qt
Error: Missing Dependency: libgstreamer-0.8.so.1()(64bit) is
needed by package gstreamer-plugins
Error: Missing Dependency: libgstcontrol-0.8.so.1()(64bit) is
needed by package gstreamer-plugins
Error: Missing Dependency: dbus = 0.50-1 is needed by package dbus-qt
Error: Missing Dependency: libdbus-1.so.1 is needed by package
dbus-qt
Error: Missing Dependency: /usr/bin/gst-register-0.8 is needed by
package gstreamer-plugins

Dave