NFS Cluster Failover

Serge Dubrouski sergeyfd at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 21:36:41 UTC 2006

Sorry I wasn't able to answer to the old thread.

I had exactly the same problem. umount cant' unmount those filesystems
while NFS is up. To bypass it I had to modify
/usr/lib/clumanager/svclib_filesystem script and add 2 following
functions there:

stopNfs()
{
        perl -n -e 's/(.*)\s(.*)\((.*)\)/exportfs -o $3 $2:$1/; print
$_;' /var/lib/nfs/etab >
/tmp/exportfs.$$
        service nfs stop
}

startNfs()
{
        service nfs start
        sh /tmp/exportfs.$$
        rm /tmp/exportfs.$$
}

Then I changed "stop" part there:

        'stop')
          stopNfs
          stopFilesystems $svcID
          startNfs
          return $?
          ;;

Of course it arises the problem with a short outage for all NFS
resources while you need to stop or move just one but it gives you
better flexibility on the other hand.

Serge Dubrouski.