Re: problem mounting filesystem

Nigel Wade wrote:
Your system thinks that /dev/hdd1 is already mounted, or /home2 is in use in some way. Do you have a shell which has /home2 as it's PWD?

I thought that at first, at least until I tried it:

[cobalt ~ ]# cd /mnt/floppy/
[cobalt floppy ]# mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/floppy/

worked fine here (although the shell I was using didn't re-read the directory until I cd'd somewhere else then back again).

jack