Re: Reducing logical volume space. Will it destroy the data Please advice.

unix syzadmin wrote:
I am wondering if I can use the e2fsadm command at all. Does the e2fsadm
command work for ext3 filesystem (/dev/vg00/backup is ext3 filesystem).  The
manual page for e2fsadm command mentions only about ext2 filesystem.  Please
suggest.

I'm pretty sure it would work. Ext3 is simply ext2 with journaling features (this might be grossly simplified -- I've not checked properly). In fact you can mount an ext3 filesystem as ext2. It'd probably require an "e2fsck -f" on the filesystem after you umount it and before you resize it though.

cheers
jack