Regarding root access to telnet

Mridul Dutta i.mridul at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 10:54:56 UTC 2006

Hi friend

 First check telnet isrunning or not by using

netstat -a | grep telnet

if it shows like this :

tcp        0        0        *:telnet        *:*        LISTEN

Then edit the file  /etc/xnietd.d/telnet

Then edit the parameter disable=no

Then restart the xnietd service  /etc/init.d/xinetd restart

Regards

Mridul