RHEL AS4 server hangs indefinetly after displaying "Loading SwapSpace [ok]" during boot.

Donald_Duncan_II at Dell.com Donald_Duncan_II at Dell.com
Mon Feb 20 12:24:45 UTC 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com
[mailto:redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of unix syzadmin
Sent: Monday, February 20, 2006 2:49 AM
To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list
Subject: RHEL AS4 server hangs indefinetly after displaying "Loading
SwapSpace [ok]" during boot.

Hi,

A Linux server (RHEL AS4 on Dell poweredge 1650), is hanging while
booting.
It displays the following and hangs indefintely.

How do I go about troubleshooting this issue.  Please suggest.

Regards,
-GnanaShekar-
--

I too have had this same difficulty.  It is especially noticable when I
move from one kernel version to the next.  In order to work around this