Re: Dynamically Set Env. Variable To Client Ip Address

On Tue, Feb 21, 2006 at 11:24:59PM +0000, j_70 comcast net wrote:
> Does anyone know of a way to grab the client's IP address and assign
> it to the DISPLAY environment variable. I want to do this for users
> that use X displays but due to DHCP may not have the same IP every
> time they log in. Thanks.

SSH_CLIENT is set by the openssh server and contains the client's IP
address (and a few other items).  With the Tectia SSH server, the
variable is SSH2_CLIENT.

Normally, however, DISPLAY is set automatically for you when you SSH
into a system.

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE