RHEL AS4 server hangs indefinetly after displaying "Loading SwapSpace [ok]" during boot.

Jose Thomas tjose at kasenna.com
Wed Feb 22 04:06:02 UTC 2006

Hi,

When I got this similar problem on a Dell PE 2850 Server, created an additionaly swap space fix the issue. Not sure about the actual RAM you have in the system and the amount of swap you alloted for the OS to use. On my Dell PE server actually had 4GB RAM and I gave 1GB while installing and system hung at the point "Loading Swap space....". When provided an additional swap space the system boots up and both the swap space is noted to be under use.

Can somebody can detail whether a very small swap space create this kind of problem. Especially with AS4.

Jose