Skipping statemnts in .bashrc

Padiyath Sreekumaran kumar.padiyath at psi.ch
Wed Feb 22 14:10:33 UTC 2006

  Hello,
   Iam running RedHat 3 on my machine. I have the following .bashrc
file.
   (I use bash shell)

   if [ -f /etc/bashrc ]; then
        . /etc/bashrc
fi

#
if [ $HOSTNAME == "pcxxxx" ]  <-----
then
    exec tcsh -m  <----------
fi  <---------

     The above marked statements are executed when I log with ssh on the
machine
     (pcxxxx). But these statements gives problems when I login with
winSCP SW
     (sftp) from windows for file transfer. I always get time out
problems because of these
     statements. I tried by removing the above statements
     and sftp works. I would like to know how I can execute an exit
command just
     before these statements when I do sftp connection? Is there any
environment
     variable (INTERACTIVE?) which I can check during logging? I use ssh
to login to
     pcxxxx machine.

     Thanks in advance,
      Kumar

Padiyath Sreekumar       |   Tel: +41.56.310.3643
Paul Scherrer Institut   |   email: kumar.padiyath at psi.ch
AIT                      |   Office: WHGA/U132
WHGA/U132                |   Fax: +41.56.310.3649
CH-5232 Villigen PSI     |
Switzerland              |