VNC Display Issue

Coleman, Kelley (HAC) Kelley.Coleman at va.gov
Wed Feb 22 20:19:57 UTC 2006

I have two servers out of 20 that have a quirk with VNC.  I'm connecting
off a Windows 2000 workstation. VNC works well with all the Linux
servers except these two.  The VNC display will only refresh when the
mouse is moving.  So, if I type in a command or click on an icon, I will
only see the text or new box if I move the mouse.  Any thoughts? I've
tried to find a difference in configurations, but I don't see one.  Not
even sure what to look for.

I'm running kernel version 2.4.21-27.ELsmp

Kelley Coleman
Database Administrator
VA Health Administration Center
Denver, Colorado

Confidentiality Note:  This e-mail is intended only for the person or
entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is
privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure.
Dissemination, distribution, or copying of this e-mail or the
information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient is
prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify
the sender by reply e-mail, phone, or fax, and destroy the original
message and all copies. Thank you