RH-9 Installation on SATA HDD

giri sagar sagar.vipin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 07:12:40 UTC 2006

Hi There,

I was trying to install RedHat-9 on P4 machine. The first message I got when
the installation start was " Do you have a hard disk" Yes I do; seagate
<http://www.computing.net/linux/wwwboard/forum/28627.html#>160 GB HDD 7200
RPM.

If I am right, SATA is not supported untill 2.6 kernel. Am I ? I was happily
built the server with AS-4 (kernel-2.6.9-5) on another machine has exactly
same hardware configuration.

The next issue is the driver for Intel ether express/1000 gigabit (e1000) is
not bundled with RH-9; but thats okay I could find the driver from INTEL's
URL. My primary issue; are there any option to install RH-9 on the above
mentioned system (SATA HDD) ?

Thanks inAdvance for all your help and time.

Thank you.

~O_0~

~sagar

http://vipinsagar.be/