Audit tools (was Re: RH-9 Installation on SATA HDD)

On Thu, Feb 23, 2006 at 08:51:40AM -0600, Yixin Luo wrote:
> Are there any system information gathering tools for linux like 'winaudit'?
> We are trying to document the linux box and servers in our lab. We need
> hardware info., software installations, services, security, networking info.

I have no idea what winaudit is, but there are other tools you can look
for:

- lshw is great for listing hardware information
- alist (I don't know if it's still maintained) will give you decent
  sumaries of software installed (as long as it's rpm-based) and
  configuration info

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE