ifconfig command shows only loopback device.

unix syzadmin unixsyzadmin at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 08:10:50 UTC 2006

hi
lspci
command shows 2 entries for Intel Corporation 82544EIGigbit Ethernet
controller.

ifconfig -a shows only the following
lo: Link encap:Local Loopback
sit0:Link encap:IPv6-in-IPv4

How do I identify netowrk module?  the lsmod command displays the following
modules
parport_pc,
lp,parport,autofs4,i2c_dev,i2c_core,sunrpc,md5,ipv6,dm_mod,button,
battery,ac,ohci_hcd,floppy,sg,ext3,jbd,aic7xxx,sd_mod,scsi_mod

Thanks & Regards,
-GnanaShekar-