Linux AS3 on poweredge boot on sdb7

Hi,

We have a 80 gb poweredge 2650 with 2 terabyte powervault 220 S...we are
trying to install AS 3 on it Our intention is to install OS related files on
perc 3 di on the poweredge and data on perc 4 DC powervault

Issues

When we install linux AS 3 the powervault external storage is recognise as
sda and the poweredge  as sdb -->sdb has partitions /
,/usr,/home,tmp,usr,boot,swap and sda(powervault)  5 data parttitions ..the
boot is on sdb7
The installation is thru successfuly  but when we reboot the OS ..the os
does not load

Pls assist