glibc on RH 7.2

Kishore Jalleda kjalleda at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 17:01:26 UTC 2006

Yes it could be a nightmare, so be very careful especially if this is a
production box, but may be you could do the following ............
1) check if your system is up-to-date , try running "up2date" and see if
there is a more recent version of glibc and other related packages from
redhat
2) or try "rpm -Uvh  or rpm -Fvh "  ( basically you are
upgrading/Freshen'ing the packages)
3) if you have a test box at home, try the upgrade on it first , just play
with it
4) install a new OS as RH 7.2 is too old, may be RH9 or Fedora , or Cent OS,
Ubuntu

Just my 2 cents

Kishore Jalleda