A Shell Question

Padiyath Sreekumaran kumar.padiyath at psi.ch
Mon Jan 9 14:43:27 UTC 2006

   Hello,
    I have the following question. Iam having my HOME directory
    on AFS and the default shell is bash. But when Iam logging
    on a desktop linux machine(pc1234) (afs SW is installed on this
machine)
    I would like to have tc-shell. So I did the following changes
    in my .bashrc file for that:

     if [ $HOSTNAME == "pc1234" ]
then
    cd /home/username
    /bin/tcsh
fi

     With this I can have tcshell. But the file .cshrc with number of
     local definitions(alias, senenv) are not executed and I have to
     write twice exit to logout from my session(first from tcshell
session
     and then from bash). I donot want to change the shell permanently
     with chsh command. I would like to have tcshell only when Iam on
pc1234
     and like to have .cshrc executed.

     Thanks in advance.
     Regards,
     Kumar

Padiyath Sreekumar       |   Tel: +41.56.310.3643
Paul Scherrer Institut   |   email: kumar.padiyath at psi.ch
AIT                      |   Office: WHGA/U132
WHGA/U132                |   Fax: +41.56.310.3649
CH-5232 Villigen PSI     |
Switzerland              |