redhat detecting too many cpus?

Martin Campbell martin.campbell at ed.ac.uk
Wed Jan 11 19:28:16 UTC 2006

the Intel Xeon's chips come with hyper-threading. Hyper-Threading is
basically just a clever way of making a single chip operate like two
separate devices without implementing two cores on one die ... i think
its intel's pre cursor to multi core chips.

You can disable hyper threading, i've heard of some people talking
about hyper-threading having a negative effect on RHAS ... but i'm not
sure - perhaps some else on this list might be able to comment?

ta
martin.