Squirrely Mouse Behavior

Magee, Fred (MRC) fred.magee at atk.com
Fri Jan 13 18:36:44 UTC 2006

Good morning.

I've got a user running Red Hat 7.3 and using gnome who can no longer
use his mouse to cut and paste.  A few minutes ago he was editing in
Nedit when he lost the ability to highlight selections using the left
mouse button and paste that selection using the right mouse button.
Every time he tries to paste anything he gets the last buffer he
successfully copied.  I've tried using "reset" without luck and have
confirmed all of his stty settings are correct.  It does not seem to
matter which shell he uses.

Has anyone out there seen this behavior before?  Is there a way to reset
it short of logging off or rebooting?  He closed nedit windows until he
has less than 100 open.  Can this be part of the problem?

Thanks for any information you can provide and have a great day.