yum configuration question

John Horne john.horne at plymouth.ac.uk
Fri Jan 20 17:56:30 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-01-20 at 12:22 -0500, Vicki Stanfield wrote:

> Setting up Update Process
> Setting up repositories
> Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: updates-released
> Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: updates-released
>
> I can go and disable the file that starts with updates-released to
> get rid of the message, but that prevents me from accessing any of
> the updates; doesn't it?

Surely if you are running a pre-release FC5 then there won't be any
updates? Wouldn't the next 'update' will be the next release candidate
for FC5 or the final release version (and then there would be updates
after that)? I'm not running pre-FC5 so I can't say for sure.

Yum repos are (in FC4 anyway) within the directory /etc/yum.repos.d.

John.