OT Maybe: Crypto for Lin/Win

Jason Pfingstmann jason at pfingstmann.com
Sun Jan 22 00:47:48 UTC 2006

Does anyone know of any methods of loopback file encryption which works
both in the Linux world and the Windows world?  Preferrably one that is
expandable/shinkable.  I currently use loopback patched with encryption
support and aes256, but I don't think I can start anything with this
loopback file in Windows.  I did however, discover that since it does
encryption by the block, I could actually add space to the end of it and
use a resize tool for the FS to expand it.  I'd like to find something
that works in Windows too, though.

-Jason Pfingstmann