Java plugin for Mozilla

Patrick Derwael patrick_derwael at yahoo.fr
Tue Jan 3 15:54:42 UTC 2006

Hi all
  I'm seeking support in order to enable the Java plugin in my browser.

  Some basic info:
OS=Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 WorkStation, 100% up2date
Kernel 2.6.9-22.0.1
Mozilla 1.7.12

  1) Downloaded jre-1_5_0_06 from http://www.java.com and installed according to the procedure
Linked the java plugin to the mozilla/plugins dir
Activated java & javacript in Mozilla's properties
Restarted browser --> not working
Rebooted --> not working

2) Installed (rpmed) java-1.4.2-ibm* from the Extra Red Hat distribution + rebooted and still no luck... :-(

  What am I doing wrong ??