Java plugin for Mozilla

Leonard Soetedjo stelar at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 08:32:22 UTC 2006

On 04 January 2006 pm 16:11, Patrick Derwael wrote:
> Leonard,
>
> I have tested the plugin on the Java website
> http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp
>
> "about:plugins" says:
>
> Default Plugin
>
>     File name: libnullplugin.so
>     The default plugin handles plugin data for mimetypes and extensions
> that are not specified and facilitates downloading of new plugins.
>
> MIME Types: *
> Suffixes: .*
> Enabled: No
>
> Does this makes any sense to you ?

Seems like mozilla does not know there's a Java plugin.  In my browser, I
have:

Java(TM) Plug-in 1.5.0_06-b05

    File name: libjavaplugin_oji.so
    Java(TM) Plug-in 1.5.0_06

I suppose you linked the ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so to
the /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins (rather than the ns7-gcc29)?

I think it's better for you to install the Java JVM by using Sun's file and
JPackage's RPM like Ashok have given you the link.  For mine, I did the
JPackage way.