Java plugin for Mozilla

Patrick Derwael pderwael at webandco.be
Wed Jan 4 13:36:29 UTC 2006

>> Well,
>>
>> I have strictly follwed thethe instructions (thanks Ashok for the link
>> !):
>>
>> downloaded jre-1_5_0_06-linux-i586.bin, ran it and linked
>>
>> /opt/jre1.5.0_06/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so

>> /usr/lib/mozilla-1.7.12/plugins/libjavaplugin_oji.so
>>
>> But still cant use the plugin. It still does not show up in
>> "about:plugins"
>
> Did you do a soft link?
>
> Regards,
>
> Leonard Soetedjo

Ok, I have just found the problem...
I use the button from the panel to launch Mozilla, which runs Mozilla
Firefox 1.0.7
If I launch Mozilla from a terminal, it runs Mozilla 1.7.12
Do you see where I'm getting at...

In fact, I had properly installed Java under 1.7.12, but I was testing
1.0.7...

This was not a RTFB issue (because I have R T F B !!), but a "Make sure
brain is engaged before activating mouth" kind of problem...

Anyhow, thanks for the help and my apologies for having been a pain :-X

And, btw, yes, I have used a soft link

--
P. Derwael
Web and Co sprl