Any experience with RedHat booting off HP EVA Sans?

Jack Challen jack_challen at ocsl.co.uk
Thu Jan 5 09:29:31 UTC 2006

Callahan, Tom wrote:
> I'm running RHEL4 AS right now, and we have several successful machines
> running failover over 2 Qlogic 2340 FC cards to a single SAN, but I am
> having weird issues with running these setups across two SAN's, with md
> mirroring across the sans for redundancy. These are all HA setups....

That (the md mirroring) is probably your problem. I've done it with
simple failover handled by the QLogic driver, but I really doubt the md
driver will yet handle different paths for the bootable LUN.
HP's CA product would handle mirroring of the LUNs, but it wouldn't
failover the paths automatically in the case of an EVA failure (that
requires approx 2 minutes' work).

jack