fd3 won't boot after changing display resolution

Nikkilä Tommi tommi.nikkila at wmdata.fi
Thu Jan 5 16:24:52 UTC 2006

Have yout tried X -configure? And running kudzu might also help, if the chipset has changed...

You can get out of the installation process by typing 'linux rescue' (or was it just 'rescue') at the prompt. I recommend you reboot the computer normally but hit 'i' when it ask you to, so you can start only processes needed to get Linux up and running. After that, setting the X with -configure should be a breeze...

Also, if all else fails, you can set the default run level from /etc/inittab, line

id:5:initdefault:
id:3:initdefault:

That way you end up starting the non-X UI.

-- Tommi