Funny modification of /etc/fstab

Will McDonald wmcdonald at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 16:34:50 UTC 2006

On 17/01/06, Bliss, Aaron <ABliss at preferredcare.org> wrote:
> I have a redhat 4 es box, and for some reason the options field on
> /dev/fd0 is being over written at bootup; for example, if I manually ad
> the nodev option so that the options field looks like this
> pamconsole,exec,noauto,managed,nodev after rebooting the box the nodev
> option is stripped off.  Any thoughts?

Is it something to do with fstab-sync? Is there a lines as follows at
the top of your fstab?

# This file is edited by fstab-sync - see 'man fstab-sync' for details

Reading said man page...

All entries added to /etc/fstab by fstab-sync can be identified by the
use  of  the option managed in the options field. This option is a
no-op; it is only used to uniquely identify entries added by  the
fstab-sync program.

So I guess that's what's causing it.

Will.