Problem with parent shell killed along with child process

Lars Nordin lnordin at noblesys.com
Wed Jan 18 19:35:20 UTC 2006

I have a program that when it recieves SIGTERM that it dies as it should but
the problem is that the parent bash shell dies along with it too. Initially
this was a pain during testing because I was logged out of the box - now I
start another shell before testing.
I know that the program is using the default SIGTERM handler because I am
writing it.
I know that it is not core-ing because "ulimit -c" is unlimited so a core
should have been created if it was.
Any ideas for where to look or what to try?