creating ssl certs for imaps

James Marcinek jmarc1 at jemconsult.biz
Wed Jan 18 19:30:20 UTC 2006

Vladimir Zlatkin <vzlatkin at redhat.com> wrote:
> James Marcinek wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > I'm trying to create ssl certs for use with imaps. I am using cyrus-imapd
> > currently. I simply do not know where to create the certs. When I connect it
> > looks like it's hitting the default cert (localhost.localdomain). While this
> > would work I would like to know where I can create and place the cert.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >

> Look in /usr/share/ssl/certs,  there is a Makefile in there that can
> generate a self signed cert.

I actually created certs in here last night; however every time I try to connect
the ssl cert still indicates 'localhost.localdomain'? I restarted cyrus-imapd
after creating the certs too. Is there anything else I'm missing?

One other thing:

I would like to know if anyone recommends opening the imaps port to allow on the
  intranet or would there be to many security risks.

Thanks,

--
James Marcinek