Memory not clearing down.

Job Cacka job at ccbmail.ccbox.com
Fri Jan 20 17:09:02 UTC 2006

"In our case the building AC turns off on the weekends, so these boxes all
worked fine when we got them, but they slowly degraded over the course of 6
months due to the heat of the weekends."

We had a similar scenario due to AC being off on the weekends. Over Labor
Day weekend (3 days) it got warm enough to cook a server's power supply
nicely, and we were then able to convince management that Auxilary AC was
required just for the server room. The main AC still does most of the work,
but during warm night's and on the Weekends the Aux AC kicks in and keeps it
about 75°F in the server room. For a cool $7000 we are able to keep well
over $150,000 dollars worth of hardware cool. This does not count the
several hundred or so man hours of rebuilding the configurations of the
systems from backups.

Job Cacka