New Kernel not there after Kernel upgrade

sancho sancho at giskard.umaryland.edu
Mon Jan 23 22:09:52 UTC 2006

Dang-it! The title say it all. After upgrading RHEL3AS from x.x.37EL to
x.x.37.0.1, the new kernel does not show up in the GRUB start list.
However, up2date reports that the new kernel is installed!

I vaguely remember this problem crossing the list, but can't find my
notes on it. Do I recall that there was a specific fixable reason that
kernels are installed in the wrong place rather that the proper partion
so GRUB does not see it? Does anyone have a quick solution or suggestion
of where to look. I don't have time to spend on this right now but may
get time tomorrow...

Sanch