Login Warning

Wayne Pinette Wpinette at tru.ca
Wed Jan 25 23:13:04 UTC 2006

Im only aware of using motd  with ssh.  The problem is, with ssh in
particular, motd is shown
AFTER you log in, not before :-(.

Wayner

>>> Kelley.Coleman at va.gov 01/25/06 2:55 pm >>>
I've been tasked to get login warnings on our Linux systems.  On the
console, I need a login warning to display on the same screen or on an
immediately prior screen where the username and password would be
entered.

I also need to display the same or similar warning on all ssh and sftp
connections.  I've found where I can get the warnings to show AFTER
someone has connected, but not before. Seems a little
counter-intuitive
to me, but I'm told by our security officer that it is a requirement.

Any thoughts?

Kelley Coleman
Database Administrator
VA Health Administration Center
Denver, Colorado

Confidentiality Note:  This e-mail is intended only for the person or
entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is
privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure.
Dissemination, distribution, or copying of this e-mail or the
information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient is
prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify
the sender by reply e-mail, phone, or fax, and destroy the original
message and all copies. Thank you