Booting RHES4-U2 from mirrored disk

Ramer Ortega ramer.ortega at hotpop.com
Fri Jan 27 14:51:27 UTC 2006

I'm trying to install RHES4-U2 in a mirrored SATA disks.  I have 2 disks
and during the installation, I defined all the partitions as Software
RAID and eventually created RAID1 for each partition, including the
/boot partition.

Install went smoothly but after the completion and during reboot, the
screen simply displays "GRUB".

I booted from the install CD and entered the rescue mode to check the
partitions and the grub.conf.  The contents of /etc/fstab rightfully
shows that all my partitions are mapped to the corresponding /dev/md?
devices.

My question is, is there any limitation on grub to boot from a mirrored
/boot partition?

Is there any other area that I should be looking at?

TIA