Booting RHES4-U2 from mirrored disk - SOLVED

Ramer Ortega ramer.ortega at hotpop.com
Fri Jan 27 17:08:39 UTC 2006

Thanks Alfred.  Yeah, I realized, it was a chicken-and-egg situation.

As I was waiting for reply, I found this document:
Remote Conversion to Linux Software RAID 1 by Warren Togami

Step 25 of the document is about reinstalling GRUB on BOTH disks which
is similar to what you suggested.  I followed the steps in Togami's
document (which is an interactive session of grub) and my server can
boot from the mirrored disk now.

Thanks once again.