RedHat over Windows

Gus Zernial gus_zernial at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 29 03:17:51 UTC 2006

 I installed RHEL 4 U2 on a box that previously ran Windows Server
2003. The install seemed to be successful, but the system won't boot.
Message is "error loading operating system".

I rebooted from the CD, went into a console window, mounted the
disk(s), and the RedHat OS does seem to be there.

Anyone know what's wrong and how to fix it? My own suspicion
is that the Windows MBR is screwing things up, but I'm not sure,
and I don't know how to fix it even if I'm right.