/etc/issue

Coleman, Kelley (HAC) Kelley.Coleman at va.gov
Mon Jan 30 20:20:39 UTC 2006

Is there a way to have changes made to the /etc/issue file active
without rebooting the server?  I've added a smattering of text per ISO
request that I need to prove works, but can't reboot the system for
several days.  It doesn't seem to just show up, so I figure a restart of
some service might make it happen.  Any thoughts?

Kelley Coleman
Database Administrator
VA Health Administration Center
Denver, Colorado
303-331-7521-o

Confidentiality Note:  This e-mail is intended only for the person or
entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is
privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure.
Dissemination, distribution, or copying of this e-mail or the
information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient is
prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify
the sender by reply e-mail, phone, or fax, and destroy the original
message and all copies. Thank you