What is the best compatible file system for linux and windows?

R. de Kuijer postmaster at ronno.nl
Mon Jul 3 22:03:25 UTC 2006

It sounds it is the fat32 limitation, max. 32 gig for a filesystem.

Maybe a option to format the drive with ext3 as one 80 gig partition.
Use the Linux machine as a samba-server (smb) and make the external
drive a samba-share.

Point at the windo$ machine to the external drive.

If you are not familiar with samba, search at Google for "linux home
networking".
There is a site sounds like "linux-home-networking.org" or something
like that, which help you easily to setup a samba-server.
And use the swat-tool, that a very helpfull one.

Success
Ronno

--

Ron de Kuijer