Max UID's on RHEL 3

Esquivel, Vicente Esquivelv at uhd.edu
Tue Jul 4 19:13:30 UTC 2006

I think I might have found the answer on my own, I tested my RHEL 3
server and I was able to increase the UID_MAX to almost any number I
wanted and I was able to create accounts.  The server kept on
automatically assigning UID's to the accounts and I was able to login
with the accounts just fine.  I got all the way up to like 12345678901
as a uid and it allowed me to assign it.

Anyone have any input on this at all good or bad about huge amounts of
accounts on a server?

Thanks all

Vince