Searching through Directories and Files.

R. de Kuijer postmaster at ronno.nl
Tue Jul 4 21:24:25 UTC 2006

Hello,

You can try to grep with some options, but the best is to make a
shell-script with command case.

With case you can filter every line in a directory contains  "rwx- - - -
- -" or "projects" even with included with variables, wildcards,
brackets, etc.

It is neccessary to know a little about shell-scripting.

Success
Ronno

Andrew.Bridgeman at corusgroup.com wrote:
> Hello,
>              I am currently running many Redhat machines and wondered if
> someone could give the correct command to  recursively find out which Files
> and Directories have not got rwx in the group permission's for example
> things like rwx- - - - - - and also i need to find out which directories do
> not have the group set to "projects" group. Any help would be much
> appreciated.
>
> Regards
>
> Andrew Bridgeman
> This transmission is confidential and must not be used or disclosed by
> anyone other than the intended recipient. Neither Corus Group Plc nor
> any of its subsidiaries can accept any responsibility for any use or
> misuse of the transmission by anyone.

Ron de Kuijer
Theraview Technology
The Netherlands