Migrating from AS3 to AS4 - experiences w/ upgrade vs. reinstall?

James R. Jones bnjrj at uaf.edu
Fri Jul 7 18:06:27 UTC 2006

Hello,

I would like to here some best practice procedures on this process.  I
tried an upgrade from 3 to 4 on a test box and it did not work.
I have done some research on the Internet and what I can tell Redhat
does not recommend using the the upgrade process that is part of the
install but recommends a fresh install.
I have read about a process just to install the kernel.  I do not know
if this is a best practice or yet another process that may work.

So what is the best practice of upgrading Redhat from 3 to 4?  What do
most people do?

jim