AbiWord RPM's

Ryan Pavlik abiryan at ryand.net
Sun Jul 9 19:20:21 UTC 2006

Hello - I am writing to answer the question posed by Patricia Clark
regarding RPM's for recent version of FC for AbiWord.  AbiWord does a
very good job importing Word documents and creating PDF files.

Since early in the 2.4 release series (2.4.0 in fact, I think), a
maintainer (Marc Maurer) has kept the package of AbiWord up to date in
the Fedora Extras repository.  As he can submit source trees for
building and packaging, the latest version of AbiWord is always
available through this repository for FC3, 4, and 5.  The fedora extras
repository should be relatively straighforward to enable and use with
yum to install AbiWord.

Good luck!  Thanks for using AbiWord!

--
Ryan Pavlik
AbiWord Win32 Platform Maintainer

"Optimism is the father that leads to achievement." - Helen Keller