RedHat 8.0 onto a Dell PowerEdge SC1425

R. de Kuijer postmaster at ronno.nl
Wed Jul 12 21:19:04 UTC 2006

Hi,

With the introduction of SATA-disks we also had some problems, but
happilly solve this.
I install the RedHat8 Dell's via a shell-script from a Master copy.
The Master contains a full RedHat8 install with support of SATA, usb,
etc.. and uses kernel 2.4.29 by Lilo.
The fact we do not use grub is because grub wasn't better then Lilo that
time.
We didn't gave extra kernel parameters in Lilo, just very basic.

I will check tomorrow our Master for important settings about SATA.

Regards
Ronno

--

Ron de Kuijer