exported file system says everyone can access it but /etc/exports doesn't show that

Dave Martini martini at mrpeabody.llnl.gov
Fri Jul 14 16:17:49 UTC 2006

I have a RHEL 3 box and my /etc/exports file looks like this

[root at gold root]# more /etc/exports

/u01 hound,hound.llnl.gov,rman,rman.llnl.gov,ndel,ndel.llnl.gov (rw)

but for some reason I can  mount /u01 above from other machines besides
the ones listed above and when I do a showmount -e it says everyone can
access /u01

ider# showmount -e gold
export list for gold:
/u01 (everyone)

I stopped and restarted NFS and did exportfs -a and exportfs -r and
exportfs -u and it still says everyone can access it.

How do I restrict the mounts to only the machines I've listed in the
/etc/exports file?

Thank You.
David Martini
LLNL